We are delighted to offer you The Helm Wild Atlantic Way Winter Group Tennis Package which includes;
- 4 nights B&B in our Deluxe Apartments
- 3 Indoor Tennis sessions with professional coaching assistance (Sessions are 2 hours)
- Includes Tennis Court Transfers
- Includes Airport Transfers
ALL from just €270.00 per person. CLICK on our "PACKAGES" for more details.
**Prices are based on a minimum of 10 persons per group**
Castlebar Tennis Club is the only club in the West of Ireland with Indoor facilities. The doors to these new state-of-the-art facilities opened in 2016, the only thing you won't find here is rain!
We have put a link to Castlebar Tennis Club's website here for you.
Individual Winter Tennis Packages are available and catered specifically for you and include;
- B&B in our Deluxe Apartments
- Indoor Tennis sessions with professional coaching assistance (Sessions are 2 hours)
- Private one to one lessons**
- Tennis Court Transfers (if required)
- Airport Transfers (if required)
** Subject to availability and may incur additional costs.
The Tennis Coach is none other than the talented Daniel Irimia. With his calibre and skilled technique and years of experience, Daniel has drastically improved players stroke and game performance. He has coached in both New York and Bucharest Romania before joining the team at Castlebar Tennis Club.
Why not let us help you plan your full stay?
We can arrange more activities for you. Choices include but are not restricted to some of the following options;
- Visit to the National Museum of Country Life. Experience a bygone way of life with Ireland’s National Folk life Collection, displayed across four floors of modern exhibition galleries. Step into another world at the historic Turlough House. Refresh your senses in the tranquil Victorian Gardens. All of this is awaiting to be discovered at the National Museum of Ireland.
- Private tour of Westport House. From the moment you step into the Front Hall with its breath-taking barrel vaulted ceiling and soft, rose red hues, the magnitude of the home’s historical and architectural significance becomes clear. Westport House is undoubtedly one of Ireland's best loved heritage attractions.
- Greenway Cycle. Escape the bustle of life in the 42km Great Western Greenway. The longest off-road walking and cycling trail in Ireland. The World Class Great Western Greenway is a traffic fee cycling and walking trail which follows the route of the renowned Westport To Achill railway which closed in 1937.
- Boat Trip of Clew Bay with Fishing. Clew Bay has, according to tradition, 365 islands, one for every day of the year. It’s probably the most beautiful bay in Ireland, and the views of it from all around Westport are spectacular. See Croagh Patrick, Murrisk Abbey, Dorinish Island which Beatle John Lennon owed. Clare Island in the distance guarding the bay & many more beautiful sights.
- Tour of Connemara Explore the heart of the Gaeltacht (Irish-Speaking) region of Ireland. Travel through Ireland’s most untouched, rugged landscape blanketed in majestic mountains, expansive lakes, golden beaches and breathtaking valleys. Includes Kylemore Abbey, Killary Fjord, Ashleigh Falls and Leenane Village.
Our Golf packages are extremely popular. We offer competitive group rates as well as individual packages to suit your needs.
We work with all of the golf clubs in Mayo and North Galway to make your golfing trip as enjoyable as possible.
- Westport Golf Club
- Castlebar Golf Club
- Carne Golf Links
- Ballinrobe Golf Club
- Connemara Golf Club
- Enniscrone Golf Club
See our golfing page for more.
Have a look at the dedicated greenway website for more information about the Great Western Greenway. At The Helm, we can arrange bike hire and have the bikes delivered to, and collected from your accommodation.
Croagh Patrick is a peak steeped in history, religion and mythology. At 764m high and offering breathtaking views across Clew Bay it’s also a rite of passage for hiking enthusiasts. Croagh Patrick is one of Ireland’s most stunning mountain climbs with its unique conical shape towering above the edge of the Atlantic Ocean on the rugged west coast. On a clear day, it offers panoramic views of the hundreds of tiny, green drumlin islands in Clew Bay, the Wild Atlantic Way, the gorgeous tourist town of Westport and surrounding mountain ranges.
Croagh Patrick, Ireland's Holy Mountain is a 10 minute drive from The Helm.