The Helm Self-Catering Apartments
Your ideal base to explore Westport and the surrounding areas, we are located in the heart of the beautiful Westport Quay, less just 15minutes walk from the town centre, ‘The Helm’ is adjacent to Westport House and overlooks the idyllic Westport Harbour.
All modern and spacious fully-serviced 2 & 3 bedroomed apartments have separate living rooms and kitchens. Each offers the usual kitchen appliances, washing machine, fridge freezer, iron etc and free Wi-Fi! Whilst the WiFi is usually fine for social media, emails etc, our location can sometimes make it too slow for zoom calls or video streaming for example!
Our Apartments are situated over The Helm's bar and restaurant and in the Cinnamon Wharf complex just across the road. They are most suitable for families, couples and small touring group bookings, and note that we do not accept Hen or Stag Parties for this reason.
There is plenty of On-street parking directly outside and is available for a small daily surcharge Monday – Saturday, free on Sundays & Bank Holidays.
Note that some of our Apartments are only accessible via a stairway which may not suit guests that have mobility issues. Our 3-Bedroom Apartments only have stairway access for example!
We offer a free traditional-style Irish Breakfast every morning too for all our guests, from 8am till 11am, with Cereals, Juices and Pancakes also available everyday. Gluten free Bread and Milk are available upon request.
If you are looking to book one of our apartments, looking for pricing or general enquiry, please call us directly (00 353 98 26398) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) let us know what sort of apartment you are looking for, possible dates, number of persons etc ... Note that we are no longer Pet friendly since January 2022!
- Do I need to bring towels ? No, fresh towels are supplied in every apartment.
- Can I bring my dog/pet? Sorry, but as of Jan 1st 2022 we no longer allow pets in the apartments due to housekeeping reasons.
- Can I do my laundry somewhere? The apartments are fully supplied with washing machine/dryer, iron etc, plus all the usual appliances you would expect in any kitchen.
- Can I get an early check in? This will depend on how busy we are with previous bookings, so cannot be guaranteed unfortunately. We'll do our best to help if we can.
- Do you accept Long Term bookings? Sorry, we do not accept long term bookings.
- Are condiments provided? You will find Tea, Coffer & Sugar in the apartments, but anything else you might need can be found in the local store 2 minutes walk away.
- Do you still have access to the swimming pool? Yes, we have free access to the local leisure centre & pool, remember to bring towels and swimming caps, ask at bar for details.
- Are you far from the town centre? We are 12-15minute walk away from the Town Centre, or a 5minute Taxi if you prefer.
- Is there parking? They is plenty of on-street parking, which, unfortunately, is payable for a small daily surcharge.